Sigora Solar is a solar installation company headquartered in Charlottesville, Virginia. The company has been in business since 2009 and has installed solar panels on over 50,000 homes and businesses. However, in recent years, Sigora Solar has been the subject of numerous lawsuits.
In 2014, Sigora Solar founder Andy Bogdan Bindea pleaded guilty to embezzling money from the Department of Energy. Bindea was sentenced to two years of probation and ordered to pay restitution of $12,000.
In 2021, Sigora Solar was accused of embezzling money from its employee 401(k) plan. The company’s former CEO, Logan Landry, and two other executives were fired in November 2020 after they raised concerns about the missing funds. Landry subsequently filed a lawsuit against Sigora Solar, alleging that he was fired for whistleblowing.
In 2022, Sigora Solar’s former chief talent officer, Heather Burns, sued the company for defamation. Burns alleged that Sigora Solar founder Andy Bogdan Bindea falsely accused her of embezzling $150,000 from the company.
Class action lawsuit
In 2023, a class action lawsuit was filed against Sigora Solar alleging that the company engaged in deceptive sales practices. The lawsuit alleges that Sigora Solar salespeople misrepresented the cost and benefits of solar panels to customers.
What to do if you are affected
If you are a Sigora Solar customer and have been affected by any of the lawsuits mentioned above, you have a few options:
- Contact Sigora Solar customer service. You may be able to get a refund or have your solar panels repaired or replaced.
- File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The Better Business Bureau can help you mediate a dispute with Sigora Solar.
- Contact a lawyer. If you have been financially harmed by Sigora Solar, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the company.
Sigora Solar is facing a number of lawsuits alleging embezzlement, defamation, and deceptive sales practices. If you are a Sigora Solar customer, you should be aware of these lawsuits and contact the company or a lawyer if you have any concerns.
Q: Who is Andy Bogdan Bindea?
A: Andy Bogdan Bindea is the founder of Sigora Solar. He pleaded guilty to embezzling money from the Department of Energy in 2014.
Q: What is the class action lawsuit against Sigora Solar about?
A: The class action lawsuit against Sigora Solar alleges that the company engaged in deceptive sales practices. The lawsuit alleges that Sigora Solar salespeople misrepresented the cost and benefits of solar panels to customers.
Q: What should I do if I am a Sigora Solar customer and I think I have been affected by one of the lawsuits?
A: You can contact Sigora Solar customer service, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, or contact a lawyer.
Q: Is Sigora Solar still in business?
A: Yes, Sigora Solar is still in business.
Q: Is Sigora Solar a reputable company?
A: Sigora Solar has a mixed reputation. The company has been the subject of numerous lawsuits and customer complaints. However, the company also has a number of satisfied customers.
Q: Should I do business with Sigora Solar?
A: That is up to you to decide. If you are considering doing business with Sigora Solar, you should be aware of the lawsuits and customer complaints against the company. You should also do your research and compare quotes from multiple solar installation companies before making a decision.
- Sigora Solar founder accused of embezzling money from employee 401(k): https://dailyprogress.com/news/local/business/sigora-founder-accused-of-embezzling-money-from-employee-401-k/article_4c6f54c0-564d-11ee-be21-7ff356a77add.html)
- ‘Bulls–t’ or embezzling: Sigora faces legal trouble: https://buckscountyherald.com/stories/michael-bull-charged-with-embezzling-24-million-from-bensalem-company-cpa-accountant,23785
- POWER HOME SOLAR, LLC v. SIGORA SOLAR, LLC, 2021 NCBC 36: https://casetext.com/case/power-home-solar-llc-v-sigora-solar-llc-1
- Sigora Home | Complaints | Better Business Bureau® Profile: https://www.bbb.org/us/va/charlottesville/profile/solar-installation/sigora-home-0603-63413751